- 150 grams (1 stick + 3 tablespoons) softened butter
- 30 grams (2 ½ tablespoons) sugar
- 60 grams (½ cup) confectionary sugar
- 30 grams (¼ cup) almond flour
- 2 grams (½ teaspoon) salt
- 1 egg
- 250 grams (2 ¾ cups) cake flour
Makes enough dough for two 10 inch moulds.
In a mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream the butter.
Add both sugars and the almond flour and continue mixing.
Add eggs one by one until well incorporated. Scrape the sides of mixing bowl and mix.
Add the flour and salt and mix until just combined.
Wrap in plastic and chill overnight in refrigerator.
- 500 g (1 lb) rhubarb
- 1000 grams (4 cups) water
- 300 grams (1 1/2 cups) sugar
- 60 grams (¼ cup) softened butter
- 65 grams (1/3 cup) sugar
- 75 grams (¾ cup) almond flour
- 10 grams (1 tablespoon) flour
- 1 egg
- 1 yolk
- Zest of 1 orange
- 28 grams (2 tablespoons) of maple syrup
For one 10 inch tart. Preheat oven to 325 F.
Divide your chilled tart dough in half. (Reserve the other half in the freezer for a future tart).
Roll out your dough to ¼ inch in thickness and line your tart mould (save scraps in freezer for future tart).
Place mould in refrigerator while you make the filling.
Wash rhubarb and cut to the size of your tart. (You'll want strips of different sizes to cover the entire tart).
Bring the water to a boil and add cut rhubarb and 300 grams (1 ½ cups) of sugar to the pot.
Bring back to a boil and strain the rhubarb right away.
In a mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream the butter then add 65 grams (1/3 cup) of sugar, ground almonds and flour.
Add eggs one by one and mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
Stir in the grated zest and maple syrup.
Fill ¾ of tart shells with mixture and place strips of rhubarb on top.
Bake for about 30 minutes.
Cool down and sprinkle with confectionary sugar.