This month, we're all about energy. The month of February can be so draining so we really try to make up for it with food! Our first recipe is a morning shake that we made with prunes and many other beneficial ingredients. We call it a morning shake because we like to start the day off right but there is no reason why you can't have this shake later in the day. And for variety, you can easily substitute ingredients!
For the recipe:
- 50 grams of any combination of walnuts, almonds, pecans and/or cashews (preferably soaked)
- 50 grams of any combination of kale, spinach and/or chard (preferably steamed)
- 1 banana
- 10 grams of ground flax seed
- 50 grams of yogurt
- 200 grams of almond or coconut milk
- 170 grams of frozen blueberries
- a handful of basil to taste
- 4 prunes
- bee pollen
Makes enough for two eight ounce glasses.
Combine all ingredients into a blender and process until smooth.
Sprinkle bee pollen on at the end.
Note: Soaking the nuts overnight helps to make them more digestible but you can leave that step out if you prefer. Steaming the greens slightly also makes them more digestible and nutritional but you can leave this step out as well.